12 Strings and Other Things

április 19, 2007

A Change Is Gonna Come

Every once in a while I'll listen to someone I haven't listened to for a while, and get overwhelmed by how fantastic they are. The one problem with listening to Sam Cooke is that afterwards, anything Soul/Motown/R&B just doesn't sound as good. I rambled through Prospect Park today and ended up (where else) sitting on my designated log by the ducks and geese, listening to 'A Change Is Gonna Come.' It's so incredible - so soothing and still inspiring and energizing. And goodness me oh my, Sam Cooke has such a silky voice.

The park is looking lovelier and lovelier these days. I love that there are parts in which you can get a little lost and forget you live in a city. I want to go hiking like nobody's business (not in the park - in actual hikeable grounds). I kind of miss those high school days... when I'd take a left before the entrance to school and roam Temescal Canyon instead... And now, my documentation of spring sneaking into Prospect Park:

(click to enlarge)



























Címkék: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4/21/2007 12:31 du., Blogger Flenker said...

Excellent photos! And anyone who listens to Sam Cooke is ok with me!

 
At 4/29/2007 5:25 de., Blogger Nancy Wolfe said...

have you listened to the otis redding version??

 

Megjegyzés küldése

<< Home