12 Strings and Other Things

április 22, 2007

Prospect Park Part II - Ducks, Geese, and Various Shenanigans.

Another day in the park... it's a good thing I always have a camera with me. I spent most of the afternoon reading by the lake, then proceeded to walk along my favorite woodsy path and successfully trip and twist my ankle. What can I say, my coordinative skills are unparalleled. An hour or so of watching soccer and little league games was enough to get me back on my feet - the rest of the afternoon was spent walking around Park Slope with Meff, down to the used bookstore on 7th ave and 3rd st. Though maybe I should have skipped the walk back home through the park, then I wouldn't be hobbling around on my swollen ankle now. What can I say, I have a weakness for the water fowl by the lake -- see below...

Here Comes The Sun (mp3)

(As always, click to enlarge)





Babies!



... the eye is looking at me.






These are absolutely fascinating. Mostly because I have no idea what kind of bird they are, but the purely black feathers with the little white beak is a fantastic look.
















Címkék: , , ,