12 Strings and Other Things

április 23, 2007

Public Mix Tape For Bonky McDoodleton

My friend Lauren asked for a mix CD - I figured, rather than burning and mailing it, I'd just put it up here and anyone else who's interested can raid the track list. Some of these I've just listened to a lot lately, some have always been great. Enjoy!

(right click - or ctrl click if you have a mac - to save)

1. Loveninjas - Keep Your Love
(I first got this from TRGAW, who are a great source of other such fantastic Swedish and not Swedish music)

2. Belaire - Hit and Miss
("remember when explosions passed beneath the skin" -- I love that line. The only version I could find was live, which isn't as great as the mixed one but you'll just have to buy the EP for that.)

3. Pipettes - Pull Shapes

4. David Bowie - Heroes

5. The Carrots - Beverly

6. Fionn Regan - Put A Penny In The Slot
(Thank you, Rachel, for givnig me the gift of Fionn)

7. Voxtrot - Rise Up In The Dirt

8. Comet Gain - The Kids At The Club
(If you only hear one Comet Gain song, I guess this would be it)

9. Suburban Kids With Biblical Names - Loop Duplicate My Heart

10. The Beatles - Happiness Is A Warm Gun
(So very very very excellent)

11. Love Is All - Motorboat
(Fun with Swedes!)

12. Jens Lekman - You Are The Light

13. The Boy Least Likely To - Paper Cuts

14. The Decemberists - O Valencia

15. SOUND Team - Fastest Man Alive
(This will be, always and forever, my favorite SOUND Team song and I will continue to play it at an obscene volume every time I drive around LA late at night)

16. Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come
(If you listen to only one song on this list, it's this one)

17. George Harrison - Crackerbox Palace
(Clearly not the best Harrison song out there, but so very very endearing)

18. Bishop Allen - Butterfly Nets

19. The Blow - Fists Up

20. Irving - Turn Of The Century

21. Sparrow House - When I Am Gone

22. M. Ward - Big Boat

23. Matt & Kim - Yeah Yeah

24. Voxtrot - Ghost

25. Camera Obscura - Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken

26. Benjy Ferre - In The Woods

Bonus Tracks:

Comet Gain - One More Summer Before I Go

The Decemberists - Sons And Daughters

Voxtrot - Kid Gloves

Paul McCartney - Temporary Secretary (you must have this. There are no words, it's... just listen to it)

Irving - Jen Nothing Matters To Me

Sparrow House - Blindfold Waltz


And because I can get carried away - one of my favorite songs ever. Why does it seem like people were more innovative with their instruments in the 60's? Written by Paul Simon (look up the Simon and Garfunkel version too, it's great).




(Note the 12 string)

Címkék: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4/23/2007 1:59 du., Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Julia, its Joanna dropping you a line and your playlist rocks! Will you be at the El Rey for Voxtrot for sure?

 
At 4/23/2007 2:06 du., Blogger Julia said...

For sure sure. See you there?

 
At 4/24/2007 9:25 de., Blogger Unknown said...

FIONN REGAN!

 

Megjegyzés küldése

<< Home